Three Times Lucky
Accelerated Reader AR MG 3.9 9.0 Quiz: 151057.
Identity (Philosophical concept)
Detective and mystery stories.
Mystery and detective stories.
AgeAdd Age Suitability
violet_dog_1885 thinks this title is suitable for 10 years and over
branch_reviews thinks this title is suitable for 10 years and over
SummaryAdd a Summary
It was just bad timing when you get right down to it. Dale just wanted to borrow Mr. Jesse’s boat for a little fishing and his best friend Mo LoBeau would have accompanied him if she hadn’t been working the town’s only café while her two guardians (the elegant Miss Lana and the amnesia-stricken Colonel) were unavailable. Then Mr. Jesse offered a reward for the boat, and that seemed worth taking advantage of. That was before he ended up dead. Caught inadvertently in the middle of a murder mystery, Mo decides to help solve the crime, hopefully without making Detective Joe Starr too angry in the process.
NoticesAdd a Notice
There are no notices for this title yet.
QuotesAdd a Quote
- “I wouldn’t say stole . . . But I did borrow it pretty strong.”
- “By 7:30 half the town had crowded into the café and rising seventh grader Skeeter McMillan – tall, slender, freckles the color of fresh-sliced baloney – had claimed this counter’s last spot.”
- “The stranger looked slow around the café, his eyes the color of a thin winter sky.”
- “Miss Lana’s voice is the color of sunlight in maple syrup.”
- “Mr. Li started Karate Night at the café two years ago . . . I enjoy kicking others but would do better in an art that allows spitting.”
- “I used to think Dale was clumsy. Then I realized he only got clumsy when Mr. Macon took drunk.”
- “My voice is like a turkey gobble crammed in a corset, but nobody’s told me to stop singing, and I ain’t shy.”
- “Dale can choose not to worry like he chooses not to wear socks. Miss Lana says I have more of a Jack Russell brain. I think things apart for sport.”
- “I never forgive. I like revenge too much.”